By Robert R. Stickney
Read Online or Download Aquaculture: an Introductory Text PDF
Best zoology books
As lately as 11,000 years ago—"near time" to geologists—mammoths, mastodons, gomphotheres, flooring sloths, vast armadillos, local camels and horses, the dire wolf, and plenty of different huge mammals roamed North the US. In what has turn into certainly one of science's maximum riddles, those huge animals vanished in North and South the United States round the time people arrived on the finish of the final nice ice age.
This publication is the 1st major contribution to completely research the capability dangers linked to snakes of the previous kinfolk, Colubridae. This relatives contained >65% of dwelling snake species (approximately 3,000 taxa) and has lately been break up into a number of households. lots of those snakes produce oral secretions that comprise pollutants and different biologically-active ingredients.
This publication describes the 1st box examine targeting the habit of hamadryas ladies within the wild. In its try and rectify the male-biased view of hamadryas baboon habit that has persevered over the a long time, this booklet means that girl habit contributes extra to hamadryas social association than has formerly been assumed and that women may possibly, in truth, be performing of their personal most sensible pursuits in any case.
Delusion and media ordinarily solid animals we ponder predators or carnivores as unthinking killers—dangerous, unpredictable, and without emotion. yet is that this portrait legitimate? via exploring their internal lives, this pioneering e-book refutes the various misperceptions that conceal the genuine nature of those animals.
- Das egoistische Gen: Mit einem Vorwort von Wolfgang Wickler (German Edition)
- Mitochondrial Mechanisms of Degeneration and Repair in Parkinson's Disease
- Farm Animal Behaviour: Characteristics for Assessment of Health and Welfare
- Penguins: Natural History and Conservation (Samuel and Althea Stroum Books)
- Handbook of Poultry Feed from Waste: Processing and Use
- The Structure and Metabolism of the Pancreatic Islets: A Centennial of Paul Langerhans' Discovery (Wenner-Gren Center international symposium series)
Additional info for Aquaculture: an Introductory Text