By Sir Colin Spedding
Read or Download Animal Welfare PDF
Similar zoology books
As lately as 11,000 years ago—"near time" to geologists—mammoths, mastodons, gomphotheres, flooring sloths, substantial armadillos, local camels and horses, the dire wolf, and lots of different huge mammals roamed North the US. In what has turn into considered one of science's maximum riddles, those huge animals vanished in North and South the US round the time people arrived on the finish of the final nice ice age.
This booklet is the 1st major contribution to completely study the capability risks linked to snakes of the previous family members, Colubridae. This kin contained >65% of residing snake species (approximately 3,000 taxa) and has lately been cut up into a number of households. a lot of those snakes produce oral secretions that include pollutants and different biologically-active components.
This publication describes the 1st box examine concentrating on the habit of hamadryas ladies within the wild. In its try and rectify the male-biased view of hamadryas baboon habit that has endured over the a long time, this publication means that lady habit contributes extra to hamadryas social association than has formerly been assumed and that adult females may well, actually, be appearing of their personal most sensible pursuits finally.
Fantasy and media quite often solid animals we reflect on predators or carnivores as unthinking killers—dangerous, unpredictable, and without emotion. yet is that this portrait legitimate? by way of exploring their internal lives, this pioneering publication refutes the numerous misperceptions that conceal the real nature of those animals.
- Nutrition in the Lower Metazoa: Proceedings of a Meeting Held at The University of Caen, France, 11-13 September 1979
- Neural Communication and Control: Satellite Symposium of the 28th International Congress of Physiological Science, Debrecen, Hungary, 1980
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss: Scientific Advances: 40 (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
- The Molecular Biology of Fertilization
- Physiology of Mollusca: Volume I
- The Betta Bible: The Art and Science of Keeping Bettas
Extra info for Animal Welfare